Software Engineer (Java)
For one of the leading banks in Amsterdam we are looking for a senior (proficient) Java Developer.
You will be working on a Trading platform which consists of multiple components that enables real-time and batch calculations of financial risk metrics and simulations which are driven by new banking regulations . This platform is in the heart of the IT landscape for our global dealing rooms and risk managers in Asia, Europe and Americas, with 7-9 scrum teams spread across 4 locations (Amsterdam, Brussels, Bucharest and Singapore).
What we are looking for
We are in search of a strong Developer who is technically passionate, solution-focused and able to contribute to design, development, test automation and hardening (security, stability, deployment) of our components
As a Software Engineer you will:
• Work on the latest technologies with a strong focus on performance, large data sets and towards event-driven architecture.
• Build distributed systems utilizing in-memory grid frameworks (Apache Ignite, GridGain)
• Influence technology choices and architecture of newly built components and services
• Use Java 8+ and other JVM language (interest or experience in Kotlin, Scala, Closure is a pre)
• Aim for serverless solutions based on Linux, virtualization, containers, docker, kubernetes, possibly in PROD, but at least for testing.
• Design and develop automated unit, integration and regression tests.
Your key competencies:
• Willingness to listen to, understand, learn from, but also give back to your (international) colleagues.
• Focus on delivering working software of high quality that satisfies customer requirements.
• You are curious and understand the latest developments in the technical and financial services.
• You are comfortable discussing features with stakeholders and product owner and can translate the information gained into stories and working software with real business value.
• You have curiosity to learn and understand fundamentals (e.g., serialization, threading, transactions, functional programming benefits) even when using high-level technologies and frameworks.
• You have experience in Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery tooling/practices.
What you bring to the team
• A University degree in Computer Science, Cybernetics, Software Engineering, Financial Engineering or equivalent
• 3+ years of software engineering in JVM language and related technology stack
• Experience in developing automated testing
• Comfortable with relational databases and SQL (we mainly use Oracle and PL/SQL). Familiarity and working experience with other DB types is a pre.
• Familiarity with source control, CI/CD and documentation tools: we use Azure DevOps, Confluence, Fortify, Git, Maven
• Experience or affinity with IT Security concepts
• Good communication skills in English
• Strong analytical skills, proactivity and ability to work in cross-border international teams
• Comfortable with remote collaboration tools (MS Teams), inner drive to stay productive in Work From Home world at least for some part of your time.