Senior Frontend Developer (web components)
For one of the leading banks in Amsterdam we are looking for a senior Frontend Developer.
You will be working on a Trading platform which consists of multiple components that enables real-time and batch calculations of financial risk metrics and simulations which are driven by new banking regulations . This platform is in the heart of the IT landscape for our global dealing rooms and risk managers in Asia, Europe and Americas, with 7-9 scrum teams spread across 4 locations (Amsterdam, Brussels, Bucharest and Singapore).
What is expected of you:
- You have a clear vision on front-end technology and micro-front-ends and you have solid knowledge and understanding of component based development (React, Polymer, lit-element, etc.)
- You have experience with performance measurements and optimizations.
- You have worked with and have a thorough understanding of state management systems (like Redux, XState)
- You understand the basic principles of UX and RESTful API design.
- You believe that the easiest way to ensure software quality is by having proper testing. hence, you have used at least a few of the test libraries/tools (Jasmine, Karma, Selenium etc.)
- You appreciate the importance of security and accessibility and always build your applications with it in mind
- Knowledge of, working background or just an interest in Financial Markets is very welcome
- You are a strong team player, you love to share knowledge and you are interested in other people’s work
- You are enthusiastic about working in Agile setup
- Gather user requirements when it comes to UX
- Design, prototype and develop complex interactive web interfaces
- Contribute to the architecture of the client application
- Develop reusable UI components that can be utilized by other teams, not only in Financial Markets
- Help back-end developers to come up with good REST APIs
- Share the knowledge and good practices of front-end development with other team members
What we offer:
- Ability to choose the right tools for the job
- You will be working in a front-end expertise squad
- Being very close to the end users. No need to write/read lengthy specifications, you can ask for directions or feedback directly from people who will be using your app
- Challenging but very interesting project where performance and correctness of behavior has direct impact on users