Senior Data Engineer (Scala – Spark)
For one of the leading banks in Amsterdam we are looking for a senior (proficient) Java Developer.
You will be working on a Trading platform which consists of multiple components that enables real-time and batch calculations of financial risk metrics and simulations which are driven by new banking regulations . This platform is in the heart of the IT landscape for our global dealing rooms and risk managers in Asia, Europe and Americas, with 7-9 scrum teams spread across 4 locations (Amsterdam, Brussels, Bucharest and Singapore).
What we are looking for
We are in search of a strong Developer who is technically passionate, solution-focused and able to contribute to design, development, test automation and hardening (security, stability, deployment) of our components.
Your key competencies:
• Hands on coding, debugging and performance tuning experience on Apache Spark and Scala.(3 years)
• Experience on Apache Nifi , Ansible, Azure Devops etc, is plus.
• Has ETL knowledge (batch and/or real time) ,building data pipeline is plus.
• Ingesting data from multiple sources into a reporting platform, big data platform, data validations, merging data, report building.
• Willingness to listen to, understand, learn from, but also give back to your (international) colleagues.
• You are curious and understand the latest developments in the technical and financial services.
• You are comfortable discussing features with stakeholders and product owner and can translate the information gained into stories and working software with real business value.
• You have curiosity to learn and understand fundamentals (e.g., serialization, threading, transactions, functional programming benefits) even when using high-level technologies and frameworks.
What you bring to the team
• A University degree in Computer Science, Cybernetics, Software Engineering, Financial Engineering or equivalent
• Good communication skills in English
• Strong analytical skills, proactivity and ability to work in cross-border international teams.
• Comfortable with remote collaboration tools (MS Teams), inner drive to stay productive in Work from Home world at least for some part of your time.