Manager, Enterprise Risk – Internal Controls / SOX and/or Internal Audit
Our Enterprise Risk practice works with many of today’s front-running companies. You can expect to work with high level client personnel to lead large scale client engagements and drive high quality work products. You will develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks and help generate new business.
We are seeking a risk professional to join our Enterprise Risk Consulting team. We are looking for a team player with excellent professional skills, knowledge of the leading practice processes and the development and optimization of governance, risk management and internal controls.
You will work within different sized, multi-disciplinary teams and play a key role in ensuring high quality outputs and service to our clients. The role involves developing knowledge and implementing new solutions in order to meet the ever changing needs of our clients (e.g. we face questions around auditing of algorithms, IPO readiness, working together with alliance partners, control automation, sustainability risk and ESG).
Your key responsibilities
Your key responsibility will be to spearhead a portfolio of clients and deliver client engagements in the Internal Controls (incl. Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)) space, managing multiple client engagement teams and stakeholders, internally and externally. Further you may conduct internal audits, assessment or risk and controls implementation fieldwork. You will be responsible for taking ownership of your projects and client relationships, delivering high quality results on time and to budget.
• Lead and manage the delivery of client engagements and internal projects, per quality and risk management policies
• Support and lead proposals and bid teams
• Monitor and manage client engagement budgets and related commercial matters
• Support team strategy implementation, marketing and sales
• Assist in generating and identifying new business opportunities
• Develop your industry profile and that of the team through publications, events, briefings
• Develop junior team members through effective supervising, coaching, and mentoring.
• Conduct performance reviews and contribute to staff performance feedback
• Contribute to a positive team environment by demonstrating consistent commitment and optimism toward work challenges.
Skills and attributes for success
• Provide clients with advice and input to the business on risk and control issues
• Deep understanding of core business processes, associated risks and leading practice controls
• Knowledge and experience of internal controls (SOX) requirements and the differences between those and standard Internal Audit work across documentation, control assessment, remediation, and testing
• SOX Technical Scoping – including financial processes and IT systems
• Testing strategies to assess design and effectiveness of controls using data analytics
• Knowledge and experience of internal audit, such as planning (incl. scoping), execution (incl. quality reviews), reporting (incl. alignment with stakeholders) for various types of audits and topics
• Team management, including mentoring and coaching
• Developing propositions and sales collateral that are current and relevant to our clients
• Project management, including financial management requirements, quality and risk management
• Ability to engage with and manage multiple stakeholder communities and cross functional projects
• Business acumen – compile information quickly and accurately, testing data and assumptions
• Financial process and accounting knowledge
• Process mapping, walkthroughs and risk analysis (strategic, financial, operational, and compliance)
• Control identification and design assessment
• Self-awareness when dealing with others, able to adapt your own approach to differences in individual style and backgrounds, recognizing the risk of unconscious biases
To qualify for the role you must have
• Managerial experience in leading SOX compliance services at large and complex organizations
• Clear understanding of COSO, PCAOB and SEC requirements in relation to SOX compliance
• A minimum of 5 years work experience
• A relevant post-graduate qualification (CIA, CFE, CISA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent)
• People and project management experience
Ideally, you’ll also have
• A good understanding of Finance systems, such as SAP, and how the functionality within those systems can be better leveraged to improve internal control (SOX) compliance and internal audit efficiency.
• Strong core consulting skills and experience of working in a consulting environment
• Experience delivering and managing audits against complex regulatory frameworks
What we look for
We are interested to hear from entrepreneurial people who feed on the energy of a thriving global team. We seek a high level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions, and ability to work under pressure. There is an expectation to be able to travel outside of the assigned office, which may involve travel to clients and regional or international travel.