For one of the leading banks in Amsterdam we are looking for a (competent) Java Developer. Level: competent ideally (meaning: 5+ years of experience with Deep knowledge/understanding of java core, J2EE, of why we use certain frameworks, why/how they work, good computer science fundamentals)
You will be working on a Trading platform which consists of multiple components that enables real-time and batch calculations of financial risk metrics and simulations which are driven by new banking regulations . This platform is in the heart of the IT landscape for our global dealing rooms and risk managers in Asia, Europe and Americas, with 7-9 scrum teams spread across 4 locations (Amsterdam, Brussels, Bucharest and Singapore).
- Overall the platform and most components use Java 8+ and (very locally in some places) other JVM languages. Overall the platform is moving gradually to SpringBoot and microservices. Knowledge on multi-threading, collections, spring(boot) and java core in general are selection criteria. This system takes care of end-of-day regulatory calculations which the bank wants to expand towards advanced internal models that are more capital efficient and lead to more competitive prices.
- Work with a strong focus on performance, large data sets and towards event-driven architecture, while working in a Feature squad closely with business users on regulatory deliverables that optimize the banks pricing
- Aim for serverless solutions based on Linux, virtualization, containers, docker, kubernetes, possibly in PROD, but at least for testing.
- Design and develop automated unit, integration and regression tests.
- Through our One Agile Way of Working process interpret business requirements with the Product Owner and Feature Engineer during the refinement sessions, break down stories into the tasks, estimate the Story Points to develop, test and harden a feature with your colleagues, and deliver and support it on the production environment to our global users.
Your key competencies:
- Willingness to listen to, understand, learn from, but also give back to your (international) colleagues.
- Focus on delivering working software of high quality that satisfies customer requirements.
- You are curious and understand the latest developments in the technical and financial services.
- You understand Financial Markets or ready to familiarize yourself with the domain.
- You are comfortable discussing features with stakeholders and product owner and can translate the information gained into stories and working software with real business value.
- You have curiosity to learn and understand fundamentals (e.g., serialization, threading, transactions, functional programming benefits) even when using high-level technologies and frameworks.
- You have experience in Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery tooling/practices.
What you bring to the team
- A University degree in Computer Science, Cybernetics, Software Engineering, Financial Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of software engineering in JVM language and with JEE experience and related technology stack
- Experience in developing automated testing
- Comfortable with relational databases and SQL (we mainly use Oracle and PL/SQL). Familiarity and working experience with other DB types is a pre.
- Familiarity with source control, CI/CD and documentation tools: we use Azure DevOps, Confluence, Fortify, Git, Maven
- Experience or affinity with IT Security concepts
- Good communication skills in English
- Strong analytical skills, proactivity and ability to work in cross-border international teams
- Comfortable with remote collaboration tools (MS Teams), inner drive to stay productive in Work From Home world at least for some part of your time.