Full stack Software Engineer
For a global bank in Amsterdam we are looking for a passionate software engineer with a solid software development experience and hands on mentality.
As a full stack software engineer, you work in an international environment in small teams. Together with business colleagues, UX designers, visual designers, product owners you build our next generation banking apps in this department.
About the department:
This deparment in Amsterdam is a modern and vibrant place for every techie. Software development is fully shifted-left, based on a new tech stack where containerized Kotlin or Java code is deployed with Azure DevOps towards our OpenShift powered cloud.
The teams are developing real time banking processes right in the heart of this bank.
The front-end Lit HTML web components and the Kotlin or Java API’s are the technical backbone for end to end digital flows whether it is the mobile banking apps (both private and business) or cross channel ‘employee 2 customer’ portals.
- Proven track record and proficiency in software development (6 + years): backend or front end (and thorough knowledge of the other, you are expected to be able to work on front- and backend). Our backend stack sounds like Kotlin, Java, Spring Boot, Maven, Azure DevOps, Kafka, Cassandra, Oracle. On the front-end side, we are into Lit HTML/ Web components, NPM.
- Experience and thorough understanding of (test) automation (with for example Cucumber), continuous delivery, deployment tools and pipelines. We work with Azure DevOps, Helm, Kubernetes on OpenShift, Docker (Compose).
- We have embraced full shift-left approach to software development, so you are expected to refine, code, test and deploy your own work to immutable containers on our cloud environments.
- Lead development experience is a pre.
- An itch and self-motivation for solving technical and functional challenges.
- Great analytical skills and conceptual / architectural understanding, ability to quickly understand new technical concepts that are outside of your comfort zone.
- Strong interest and vision in recent trends in software development and technology in general.
- We expect the ability to transfer knowledge back by holding presentations, workshops, writing documentation and most important: setting new standards for the ways we do tech.
- Strong social and communication skills. Being a sparring partner for our business colleagues.
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams and iterative way of working is a pre.
- Fluent English speaking and writing