Data Engineer – SQL & Python
We are currently looking for a Data Engineer with strong SQL and Python experience for a global company based in the Hague. This is an international financial services company, active in 19 countries, with a strong presence in a number of European countries and Japan. They provide retirement services, pensions, insurance, investments and banking to approximately 18 million customers. Their purpose is to help people care for what matters most to them. Because what matters to them matters to us.
We are looking for Data Engineers with SQL experience and Python. The job is partly management of a mega database as well as unbundling it.
- Data engineering / wrangling
- Advanced SQL – Experienced with things like windowing functions, common table expressions, complex joins, avoiding unintended cartesians in joins, etc.
- Python (big plus)
- Cloud Engineering
- AWS services (RDS, ECS, Lambda, etc.)
- Infrastructure as Code
- AWS CDK / Terraform / etc.
- AWS CloudFormation
- General software engineering best practices
- CI/CD pipelines
- Automated testing
- Common architecture patterns
- Databricks / Spark (plus)
- Asset management domain knowledge (plus)