Backend DevOps Engineer
For a global bank in Amsterdam we are looking for Backend DevOps Engineer.
Roles and responsibilities
working on the application and on taking care of the incidents at hand.
- Maintain and improve on infrastructure, CI/CD and monitoring
- Minimizing customer impact when interruptions occur
- Performing incident management
- Advise and lead the scrum team in improving the application from your expertise
- Perform problem, change, vulnerability and risk management, keeping payments fast, secure and reliable
How to succeed
They hire smart people like you for your potential. Their biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
As you will be working in an Agile international environment, they expect you to have experience with Agile and/or DevOps. Also it’s mandatory to have good oral and written skills in English.
We expect that:
- You have experience in handling Linux (preferably RHEL) infrastructure and middleware components
- You are experienced in incident management, and can perform under high time pressure
- You can understand both the technical parts of the application chain, and the customer point of view
- You have experience in CI/CD tooling, preferably with azure DevOps and Ansible
- You have experience in monitoring, preferably with the ELK stack, Prometheus and Grafana
- You are willing to be on call during the night and in weekends.
Additionally we use many other technologies, if you know them it would be really beneficial: java, spring boot, Tibco BW/EMS, MQ, Kafka, XFB, Cassandra, Oracle, Glusterfs, Kubernetes, docker, shell scripting