Backend DevOps Engineer Payments
Our above market standards in-house developed SEPA Payments Processing Engine processes hundreds of millions of Loan, Savings and Payments transactions per year. Expansion means new connectivity to many Account Management Systems and Clearing Houses. Think of real-time and batch high volume asynchronous processing, stateless communication, resilience patterns, idempotent application design and much more.
We are facing large migrations in various aspects. We are migrating our underlying infrastructure as well as our codebase. We have to deal with these migrations while continuing processing daily payments, and without any downtime. You will help getting this done with your squad.
Next to the squad you will also be part of a chapter. The chapter consists of operations engineers that are working on infrastructure, monitoring, risk, ci/cd, deployments and operations. They are primary responsible for al the incidents that occur, and together run a 24/7 standby shifts. You will alternate working on the application and on taking care of the incidents at hand.
Roles And Responsibilities
working on the application and on taking care of the incidents at hand.
• Maintain and improve on infrastructure, CI/CD and monitoring
• Minimizing customer impact when interruptions occur
• Performing incident management
• Advise and lead the scrum team in improving the application from your expertise
• Perform problem, change, vulnerability and risk management, keeping payments fast, secure and reliable
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
As you will be working in an Agile international environment, we expect you to have experience with Agile and/or DevOps. Also it’s mandatory to have good oral and written skills in English. Within the bbank we look for engineers that behave according the Orange Code . So you are a pro-active team-player, you’re always looking for improvement and you teach, coach and train our colleague to get better as well.
We Expect That
You have experience in handling Linux (preferably RHEL) infrastructure and middleware components
• You are experienced in incident management, and can perform under high time pressure
• You can understand both the technical parts of the application chain, and the customer point of view
• You have experience in CI/CD tooling, preferably with azure DevOps and Ansible
• You have experience in monitoring, preferably with the ELK stack, Prometheus and Grafana
Additionally we use many other technologies, if you know them it would be really beneficial: java, spring boot, Tibco BW/EMS, MQ, Kafka, XFB, Cassandra, Oracle, Glusterfs, Kubernetes, docker, shell scripting