For one of the leading banks in Amsterdam, we are looking for an Anvil Operations Engineer to work in their Financial Markets department.
You are a strong DevOps Engineer who is technically passionate, solution-focused and able to contribute to design, development, test automation and hardening (security, stability, deployment) of their trading platform.
What you’ll do
You are an experienced IT engineer with extensive IT & business knowledge in the area of developing & supporting solutions for financial markets products. You will act as a subject matter expert for both IT and business stakeholders, being responsible for the bug free delivery of software solutions that add value to the business. Your work includes performing impact analyses of new system features, interacting with vendors, contributing to IT risk mandatory application controls, providing application support, and collaborating with other engineers to solve problems and enhance the system. You will work on in an agile way, as part of a highly professional team based in Amsterdam.
- You support and maintain complex critical banking application.
- You elicit functional/non-functional requirements from users and translate them into user stories for the squad backlog or for the vendor backlog.
- Together with other engineers and the product owner, you collaborate to ensuring the quality of the vendor-built software delivery, testing and defect management.
- You providing support in DTAP phase (QA & deploy application in test, acceptance and production).
- You perform support/maintenance of application’s IT infrastructure.
- You contribute to Incident, Problem and Change Management, including help in structural solution for reoccurring problems and keeping first-rate levels of service management.
- You are able to give substantial contribution to changes in an end-to-end context, covering all functional and nonfunctional aspects of the software systems, and in close collaboration with multiple teams.
- You demonstrate the ability to operate independently, proactively and diligently on the assigned tasks to complete them on-time and right-first-time to the satisfaction of the product owner and stakeholders.
- You demonstrate a history of continuous improvement, personal development, and outstanding team contribution.
How to succeed
- University degree in Computer Science or engineering with strong IT background
- 5+ years of hands on work experience with any securities trading system
- Extensive work experience in a software engineering role within IT, preferably for banking
- You have a positive attitude, you think in solutions
- You enjoy new technologies and methods, and you can apply them into new ideas and concrete solutions
- You are always trying to improve your skills and get to better at what you do, to be able to keep adapting to the new situations and always deliver the highest quality results
- You are a team player, you trust others and can be trusted
- You are available to participate on application support activities outside office hours (e.g standby shifts or weekend deployments)
Your background shows most of the following skills:
- Assist and provide (FO, MO, BO) functional support to users in deal capture, mid-life actions, breaks analysis & suggest remedy actions
- Available for 24/5 standby support
- Experience with ION trading platform and Anvil.
- Experience supporting custom components as part of an existing service-oriented software platform.
- Experience with critical distributed systems.
- Experience with UNIX & Windows shell scripting for automation.
- Working knowledge of SQL/Oracle. Experience with database as a service is a plus.
- Working knowledge on continuous delivery/integration pipelines such as AzureDevOps and their core functions.
- Good knowledge of ITIL processes.
- Experience with agile way of working.
- Experience working in a complex and challenging IT environment.
- A team player with a ‘make it happen’ mentality, eager to learn and with ability to influence others towards delivering with excellence.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good verbal and writing skills in English